A family tradition of mine is to drive around in December in search of the best Louisville Christmas light displays. However, as the years go by, the best neighborhoods and events for Christmas light displays change. Have you found one of the best neighborhoods or events for Christmas light displays or one of the best-decorated houses in the 2010 Christmas season? Do you know which neighborhoods and events are best avoided? If so, share your inside secrets with the rest of us.
Save your money
- Lights Under Louisville was the biggest disappointment. There was a 2 hour wait. The length of the cavern was 0.9 miles and was an 18 minute drive. The website claimed that it was much longer. People were honking when they left telling the people in line to turn around and go home.
- —Guest Guest
- The C-J usedto publish a list of the best neighborhood light displays, but haven't for some years. We realy miss that, since it helped to plan our drive-around.
- —Guest gloriane
- We've just driven all over Louisville in search of lights and I'm very disappointed by how few we found. We usually look at lights in Lexington every year and they are easy to find there!
- —Guest Ashley
Christmas Lights in Southern Indiana
- The square in Charlestown, Indiana, is a great place to see Christmas lights and displays: http://www.cityofcharlestown.com/christmas-in-charlestown.
- —Guest JAVIER
Christmas In Lake Forest
- Lake Forest in Louisville, Kentucky, off of Shelbyville Road usually has pretty Christmas light displays. Some houses are definitely worth checking out.
- —Guest Guest
Christmas By The River
- It's a decent drive out there, but my family goes to Christmas By The River in Brandenburg Kentucky every year. The lights are beautiful, and the grandkids love it.
- —Guest ChristmasLady