Just across the Ohio River from Louisville is New Albany, Indiana. New Albany boasts a diverse blend of old and new--Downtown New Albany is filled with 19th Century mansions and storefronts while at the edges of the city you'll find new subdivisions and apartment complexes. New Albany is thought by many to be the perfect place to live--it's just a few miles outside of Louisville, and the home prices and rental costs tend to be much lower in New Albany than they are across the bridge.
New Albany History
New Albany Boundaries
New Albany Demographics
New Albany Apartments and Real Estate
Popular New Albany Restaurants
Of all of the cities and towns in Southern Indiana, New Albany has the best dining scene. It's the best place in Southern Indiana to go for a unique meal at a locally-owned restaurant--you won't find many chain restaurants there.
- La Rosita - One of the only places in Kentuckiana where you can get authentic Mexican food.
- New Albanian Brewing Company - Restaurant and brewing company known for its huge beer selection and great pizza.
- Onions Restaurant and Tea House - Small Asian restaurant with an extensive menu, incredibly reasonable prices, and a quaint atmosphere.
New Albany Nightlife
New Albany Attractions
New Albany is home to several popular festivals and attractions:
- Carnegie Center for Art and History - An art gallery and history museum with both permanent and revolving exhibits.
- Culbertson Mansion - A historic mansion once owned by the wealthiest man in Indiana and the venue for a popular local haunted house.
- Harvest Homecoming - A popular annual fall festival featuring games, carnival food, and shopping booths.