This year, Light Up Louisville will take place from November 29-January 1. An annual spectacle, lights and festivities fill four blocks of 4th Street, from the Galt House to Fourth Street Live.
"Louisville is a city known around the world for our festivals and events and we are always working to make them the best they can be," Mayor Greg Fischer said. "By continuing to grow and improve Light Up Louisville and 40 Nights of Lights, we're keeping alive the tradition that families have enjoyed for decades."
Light Up Louisville launches the day after Thanksgiving.
Schedule of events for Friday, Nov. 29
- 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Christmas at the Galt House
- 2 p.m. Light Up Louisville opens
- 2-3 p.m. Run, Run Rudolph 5K run and walk
- 3-7 p.m. Santa's Workshop Children's area
- 4 p.m. Main Stage entertainment begins
- 6:30-8 p.m. Light Up Louisville Parade
- 8 p.m. Santa's arrival
- 8:15 p.m. LIGHT UP!
- 9 p.m. First nightly light show
- 10 p.m. 4th Street Live! After Party; outdoor Light Up event ends
The ice skating rink was a hit last year and it returns for the 2013 celebrations. The rink uses a synthetic ice so revelers can go skating in temperatures above freezing. The fee for skating is $5 an hour for adults, $3 for children under 13. Daily rates are $10, and a season pass is $40, $30 for children. Skates will be available to rent for $2.
If you want to register for the Run Run Rudolph 5K or learn more about the visit the website.